Intel confirmed the release of an invulnerable chip

The largest processor manufacturer in the world, the US Intel, confirmed on Thursday that they will launch a new line of chips designed to respond to security flaws detected earlier this year, which affected millions of computers and cell phones.

Chief Executive Brian Krzanich said the new chips will be protected against hardware failures called Meltdown and Specter. In addition, Krzanich said the next generation of Intel Xeon Scalable microprocessors, for data centers in the cloud, and eighth-generation Intel Core processors for consumer devices will be ready to be delivered in the second half of the year.

An experienced hacker could read sensitive information stored on a computer, server or cell phone thanks to these failures. Although Intel created patches for most devices, experts believe that these vulnerabilities are more difficult to solve because they involve hardware instead of software.

As we bring these new products to the market, we are making sure they provide the improvements that people expect from us “ Krzanich said in a statement.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *